The West Anniston Foundation’s 2019-2020 scholarship applications are now available:
Scholarship Guidelines–Click Here
Scholarship Application-Click Here
- Acceptance of Applications:
- Applications will be accepted by the West Anniston Foundation from January 1sth until the first Friday in April of each year.
- Award of Scholarships
- Scholarships will be awarded in May of each year.
The West Anniston Foundation scholarships are awarded to persons, regardless of age, race, gender, or disabilities, who are planning to attend or who are currently enrolled in a two-or-four year college and who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A current or former resident of the west Anniston community and a current high school graduating senior who has applied for all available Financial Aid; or
- A current or former resident of the west Anniston community and a current college/university/trade school student who has applied for all available Financial Aid; or
- A current or former resident of the west Anniston community who has a high school diploma or who is a GED recipient and who has applied for all available Financial Aid.
West Anniston Foundation scholarship funds cannot be used by students working on advanced degrees (beyond a bachelor’s degree).
- A 250-word, typed essay by the student describing the applicant’s career goals and their vision for the west Anniston
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following:
- School Official
- Current Employer
- Amount of Distribution: A total of $10,000 available to be distributed to ten students at $1,000 each for one academic year.
- Disbursement: Scholarship awards will be disbursed at $500 per semester per student.
- Use of Funds: Scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, books, or other school-related expenses at the discretion of the educational institution’s FinancialAid Office.
TERMS OF AWARD
- Contingent upon written acceptance to a two-or four-year institution, or technical college/trade school;
- Contingent upon receipt by West Anniston Foundation of an official high school or current college transcript with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. It is the responsibility of the student to provide the transcript or to arrange provision of the official transcript to the West Anniston Foundation. Failure to maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA will result in forfeiture of scholarship funding for the upcoming semester and will continue until students’ grades return to 2.5. The scholarship will be held for two semesters in an effort for the student to return to the required 2.5 GPA. (At this time, the scholarship funding will be reinstated, but will not be retroactive). All scholarship funding will be forfeited after two semesters if the GPA is not returned to 2.5.
- Contingent upon maintenance of a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at the college both semesters.
- To be used in consecutive semesters.