The Isaiah Evans Scholarship applications are now available:
Scholarship Guidelines-Click Here
Scholarship Application-Click Here
- Acceptance of Applications:
- Applications will be accepted by the West Anniston Foundation from January 1st until March 15th of each year.
- Award of Scholarships
- Scholarships will be awarded in May of each year.
The Isaiah Evans Scholarships are awarded to persons, regardless of age, race, gender, or disabilities, who are planning to attend or who are currently enrolled in a two-or-four year college, trade or technical school and who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A current or former resident of the west Anniston community and a current high school graduating senior who has applied for all available Financial Aid; or
- A current or former resident of the west Anniston community and a current college/university/trade school student who has applied for all available Financial Aid; or
- A current or former resident of the west Anniston community who has a high school diploma or who is a GED recipient and who has applied for all available Financial Aid.
- A 250-word, typed essay by the student describing the applicant’s career goals and their vision for the west Anniston
- Affidavit stating you have lived in the West Anniston Community for at least 36 months.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following:
- School Official
- Current Employer
- Amount of Distribution: Amount to be determined annually.
- Disbursement: Scholarship awards will be disbursed at 50% per semester per student.
- Use of Funds: Scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, books, or other school-related expenses at the discretion of the educational institution’s Financial Aid Office.
TERMS OF AWARD
- Contingent upon written acceptance to a two-or four-year institution, or technical college/trade school;
- Contingent upon receipt by West Anniston Foundation of an official high school or current college transcript with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. It is the responsibility of the student to provide the transcript or to arrange provision of the official transcript to the West Anniston Foundation. Failure to maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA will result in forfeiture of scholarship funding for the upcoming semester and will continue until students’ grades return to 2.5. The scholarship will be held for two semesters in an effort for the student to return to the required 2.5 GPA. (At that time, the scholarship funding will be reinstated, but will not be retroactive). All scholarship funding will be forfeited after two semesters if the GPA is not returned to 2.5.
- Contingent upon maintenance of a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at the college, trade or technical school.
- To be used in consecutive semesters.
Application: Application must be submitted to the Foundation’s Office, 800 Clydesdale Avenue, Anniston, AL 36201, by March 29, 2019.